What is L-1 Visa?

The L-1 visa category (Intracompany Transferee Visa) allows multinational corporations to move certain types of personnel from a qualifying foreign office to continue working in the United States. This is tremendously beneficial to businesses operating in both the United States and other countries.

L-1 visa lawyers at abogado de inmigracion en texas specialize in assisting start-up enterprises in obtaining an L-1 visa for foreign-based employees.

Types of L-1 Visa

There are two sorts of L-1 visas available for various categories of employment. Executives and managers require an L-1A visa, which they must apply for and get. Employees with significant decision-making or managerial responsibilities fall under this category.

Other foreign personnel with specific expertise of the company’s products, methods, organization, equipment, and more can apply for an L-1B visa. In most cases, it is only available if the employee is required for the company’s operations in the United States.

L-1 Visa Requirements

The employee’s company must meet two requirements in order to get either form of L-1 visa. To begin, a recognized relationship between a foreign company and a company in the United States must exist.

This might be a relationship between a parent, an affiliate, a subsidiary, or a branch. Second, during the L-1 visa period, the company must be doing business in the United States and at least one other country, or have intentions to do so. During the previous three years, the employee must have worked for the foreign company for at least one year in a row.

L-1 Visa Extension application

Many of the steps involved in obtaining an L-1 visa extension or renewal are similar to those involved in obtaining the first visa. Prior to the expiration of the I-94 departure date, your employer will need to file a fresh petition for you. An l1 visa lawyer can explain the process in much detail if you want to know.

You’ll need various documents in addition to the petition, including letters of support and information from your company about your position for the last three years of your L-1 status.

Fortunately, if you spent any time outside of the United States during your stay, you may be able to reclaim that time and use it to extend your L-1 visa even longer. You will need to produce actual documents as proof that you departed the nation in order to do so (e.g. boarding passes, plane tickets, etc.). Do check our suggestion as we provide knowledge about the best immigration lawyer in houston.